It was two days before my wedding and Mom said, ” Jillian I have a facial mask that will give you the perfect glow for your big day!” I said, “ohhh, fun… Mom, you know I love face masks, and I have no idea what you have up your sleeves but I trust you.”
Needless to say, she had made a Turmeric Mask, which she then applied liberally to my face and neck. Since Turmeric stains clothing ( btw it does not stain your skin) I wore a beat up pair of shorts and old t-shirt and she wore gloves on her hands to apply the mask to my face.
And you know what, it worked Mom’s Turmeric mask worked beautifully especially since it is a powerful antioxidant, Indian women have used it traditionally in their beauty regimens for beautiful, radiant skin.
The photo below is yours truly on my wedding day. My skin was clear and vibrant thanks to this Turmeric Mask and of course eating nutrient rich foods an drinking plenty of hydrating water didn’t hurt.
Radiant Skin Mask with Turmeric by // Lindsey, the Homemade Mommy
“This mask, inspired by a recipe from Aggawal’s book, Healing Spices, will nourish your skin with turmeric and smooth lines. It is easy to keep on hand and can be customized depending on what beneficial oil is used. The flour and turmeric mixture can be made in advance and stored in a cool, dry place (like your fridge) and then later prepared with oil and water as needed for the mask.”
- ½ cup garbanzo (chickpea) flour
- 1 ½ Tbsp ground turmeric (Note from Mommypotamus: Regular turmeric is fine for most people, but some people have reported that it stains. A patch test is recommended. Alternately, you can use kasturi turmeric, which does not stain)
- 5 drops of your favorite beneficial oil. Such as Avocado Oil, Jojoba Oil, Almond Oil, or (Remember the Oil Cleansing Method? You can customize this mask based on your skin type!)
- 1-2 tsp filtered water
- Mix the flour and turmeric and save in an airtight container until you are ready to prepare your mask.
- To prepare the mask, mix 1 Tbsp of the flour mixture with 5 drops of oil and enough water to make a paste.
- Smooth the mixture on your face and neck, avoiding the eyes.
- Let the mixture remain on your face until it dries (about 15 minutes) and then wash it off in the shower.
- Make sure you remember to take your shirt off before you put this mask on. Avoid getting this mask on your clothes because it might stain!
Sit Back and Relax!
Make sure you try this mask when you can relax and enjoy it…like while you are taking a nice Epsom salt detox bath! After using this mask your skin will feel unbelievably soft, firm, supple and radiant!
As always I would love to hear from you in the Comments below +